About Fishburn Realty Co.

Specialists in Real Estate Since 1928

Fishburn Realty offers clients outstanding market knowledge and exceptional service in the selling, purchasing or leasing of residential and commercial properties. Located at 316 W. Broad Street in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Fishburn Realty is at the geographic center of the Lehigh Valley and serves Northampton and Lehigh counties, Upper Bucks County and the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton.

As one of the premier real estate firms in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, Fishburn Realty is locally owned by Thomas S. Demshock. Tom is the third generation to operate the business.

The real estate company was founded in 1928 by Samuel E. Fishburn with a commitment to high standards of professionalism, expertise and personal service. In 1961, Stephen T. Demshock purchased the firm from his employer, and in 1993, Thomas purchased the firm from his father, Stephen.

Fishburn Realty is proud to be the local affiliate for Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, a global real estate network offering real estate services internationally through the highest caliber of real estate professionals in more than 55 countries and across six continents. Being a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the Worlds denotes that Fishburn Realty is one of the world’s very best real estate companies with outstanding local market expertise.

Who Was Sam Fishburn?

Samuel (Sam) E. Fishburn (1893-1965) graduated from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, in 1919. A baseball player, he was a shortstop for Reading in the International League before joining the St. Louis Cardinals. He appeared in nine games for the major league Cardinals but was “stuck” behind an aspiring second baseman, Rogers Hornsby. Sam returned to the minor leagues for 15 games before he chose to leave baseball to accept a job at Bethlehem Steel. Sam spent the rest of his life in Bethlehem and was the founder of his own real estate business, Fishburn Realty. Sam operated his real estate business for 37 years before he sold it in 1961.